JOIN THE OXY PODCAST SOCIETY!

Friday, July 22, 2005

BECOME AN OXY PODCASTER!

Did you record a song of youself or your band over the summer and want some audience other than mom and dad?
Do you have a special music collection that you want to share with everybody?
Have you ever dreamed about being a DJ but never got the time or guts to do it?
Do you have as much to say about this quite messed up world as I do?
Do you want to have your voice, your music, your idea heard all over the world?

(after all, don't you just hate the radio station playing the same 10 songs over and over again?)

Podcasting is the solution! (read more about PODCAST 101 and Jason's artile about Podcasting)

Basically, I think it will be great to have a group of Oxy podcasters doing shows for the Oxy community and anybody who is interested in listening from the Internet. There could be talk shows, music shows, news and interviews, talent shows, open mic on air...just about anything you can think of and you want to do. Yes, we do have KOXY on campus, and I totally respect people working really hard on the school radio station. But as a new form of media, the whole thing about podcasting is simpliciy, flexibility, variety and fun. ANYBODY can be a podcaster! Almost ANY FORM OF SHOW can be published as podcast! And I encourage EVERYBODY who has an interest in this to try!

So here is the thing, email me at dorothyzm@gmail.com if you think this is a good idea and you would like to try, or you have a recording that want to be shared among the Oxy community, or you just simply support the idea, or you barely survived this site and think I am crazy. So, DO EMAIL ME EMAIL ME EMAIL ME and tell me what you think. We will disccuss further details and technical issues later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just read your snippet in the digest and found your blog not too long afterward, and I think you've got a damn good idea. I know Jason Preston (who you've already linked to) is really interested in this, and if you haven't contacted him (or vice-versa), you absolutely should.

And my two cents: I'd suggest that you don't offer this as an alternative to KOXY, but rather a supplement. While there might be things about KOXY that you (and others) don't like, creating an unnecessary Us vs. Them showdown seems counterproductive.

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home